In class the children have been focusing on persuasive texts, and getting to know the text ‘Oatlands Village.’ For homework, please can children ‘unpick’ the text by identifying and underlining the VCOP.
- Underline in purple (with a ruler) any great VOCABULARY you find – adjectives, adverbs, similes, powerful verbs.
- Underline in red (with a ruler) any CONNECTIVES you can find.
- Underline in orange (with a ruler) any OPENERS you can find.
- Underline in green (with a ruler) examples of each type of PUNCTUATION used.
- Also write down anything from your underlining or from what you have read that you might like to magpie.